Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My cousin's wedding

Happiness and glee filled the open air where a couple has been officially pronounced as husband and wife in front of all closest relatives. Nothing has stopped their will and power of love to take an eternal oath which cannot be broken as their wish. Everyone has witnessed the bride and bridesgroom to amble gracefully and romantically along the red carpet and they are my beloved cousins.

By knowing each other through a renowned social network, Facebook, they began their journey of love and slowly blossomed. They relentlessly endured each challenge that obstructed them. At any moments, trusts were built and patience was seeked. They understood that they need respects and preserverence to maintain their pace of love. Finally, they connected one another with a bond that was hard for others to describe and imagine. Only they themselves could plant the seeds of relationship within the bond and enabled them to flourish. With two separated wedding dinners plus a traditional wedding ceremony, it was a sheer delight for the lovely couple. They have made it this far and for sure, blessings from their parents formed an adventure of affections that never ends.


As a sign of wishing them all the best and happy marriage, I bought several clothings to match the wedding ceremonies but not too striking (If not, I might steal the show and after all, I was not the main character for the wedding dinners). The ceremonies were held in Alor Setar, which is a couple miles away from my hometown. When I reached the home of my aunts, I was served with simple yet decent delicacies even though I couldn't meet the couple yet. The atmosphere was hectic and harmony at the same time. With kids playing around the living room and babies crying, the situation became tensed but I didn't mind at all because in Chinese community, it is a norm, especially during wedding nights. To my shock, I was called to be bridesmaid and no further instructions were vividly given. I was told to assist the bridesgroom for any circumstances. At last, I was overwhelmed for the next day as it was a memorable experience for me to actually be with the bridesgroom and welcome the bride. When time hit 8 o'clock sharp at night, the usual wedding melody was played and everyone who came for the wedding night put up their grin and warmly welcomed the couple to enter the hall. 8 dishes of chinese cuisine were subsequently served on each table. When wedding dinner nearly ended, it was the highlight of the night where the couple intimately performed a song on the stage and every spectator cheered for them.

There were many wedding ceremonies that I attended before but frankly speaking, this was the most superb and remarkable one ever. I couldn't imagine myself being a bridesmaid for a day. Although mine one is still a long way to go, I have actually sketch out mine in my mind. Haha... To end this, I wish best of luck to all newly wed couples and may your wedding wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment