Monday, November 29, 2010

End of Academic years in M'sia


About a year and a half ago, I was shocked with the receive of JPA scholarship to a whole new place in south hemisphere. To gear up, foundation has been built not just preparing myself mentally, but also physical, emotional and friendship.


It was an awesome experience I ever had in my past 19 years as pre-uni year changed me into a new different person. I have started to take one step ahead to be bold enough to speak and learn. I Going through this short journey wasn't that easy as it seemed. I was surrounded by young brilliant students who are fully equipped with intelligent minds. To face them, it was my hardest thing to do. My mind started going out of the place as I kept comparing my own results with others, which made me feel miserable and low in self-esteem. In the end, I set aside all these useless thoughts and began to believe in myself entirely.


Previously, I was often labelled as the quiet and passive guy in college. I seldom mingle around and meet with new pals. Also, people kept telling me that I was over-stressed in each and everything even though I don't think it was a stress at all. Worse, I was called as one of the study nerds. Gosh! Soon, I realised that it didn't work since tertiary studies should be more in getting along with each other, be active and have fun. I did participate in clubs and societies to further enhance my abilities and skills.

One more important thing I know is that I was not alone in any complications. I had my roomates to offer me help and support to me. I had my classmates to guide me in my studies. I had my lecturers who are the fireflies which fly around and share the brightest moments. These have indeed make my life more interesting and wonderful.


Now, I’m alone at home having ample rest before departing to overseas. Online and facebooking keep me busy all the time >< style="font-style: italic;">

P.S.
I will never forget every single piece of "puzzle" which has fully connected and turned into who I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment