Friday, December 31, 2010

Jerejak Getaway


A reunion vacation, to be exact, left various memories in me this year. Pains, embarassments, exhilaration and contentment enveloped me during the adventure of jerejak island. Even though I'm not an extreme and outgoing person, this retreat had all the extreme ones to be explored.

In Penang, there are not many places offering extreme activities, such as flying fox, wall climbing and abseiling. Only after 19 years of being part of Penang family, I realised the isolated island next to Penang had it all. Jerejak Island was once the rehab center for the sick and not being developed before 90's. When we stand beside the beach next to Queensbay mall, Jerejak is just a normal quiet island and nothing much to discover. However, things happened to be different where this isle actually has what a tourist desire for. Apart from having diverse flora and fauna, there is a resort that operates all the extreme activities and holiday packages. If anyone feeling inadequate after days of travelling around Penang, why don't we take a glimpse at this isle and explore.

Back to the reunion. Since I will be leaving M'sia couple of weeks from now, my best friends from the secondary school planned a reunion vacation to Jerejak island. Usually, we would prefer meeting up at shopping malls. But now, it was worth to be remembered and rejoiced. On that day, the weather seemed not to be pleasing at all. Drizzling of rain drops began filling up the blue sky and breezy wind blowing. After minutes of close discussions, we finally agreed to ignore the rain and go on with the plan. We have chosen the day-trip package which includes lunch, 2 way ferry fare and extreme activities. This package would be not valuable at all if it rained heavily on that day. Fortunately, all the activities were allowed to be carried out.Let me explained what the pains, embarassments, exhilaration and contentment were about.
Pains = There were bruises around my toes and lower leg. This was due to minor injuries while climbing the man-made wall. I have never done wall climbing before this. It was so hard for me to push my whole body up and reach the peak. My arms were tingling and I had to bear with muscle pain. At last, I gave up half-way and came down with the help of the trainer. Without my realisation, I found out that I suffered from minor injuries on my leg.

Embarassments = This happened whilst I was having my buffet lunch. After picking up some fruits and lasagna, I went back to my seat inside the air-conditioned restaurant. All of a sudden, I was knocked down by a transparent down and the 'bang' sound shocked everyone in the restaurant, including my friends. My foods were all over the floor and only several pieces of fruits were on the plate. I couldn't imagine that I didn't notice that half the door was tightly shut. What I could remarked after this incident is my greediness and recklessness have played their vital roles on this.

Exhilaration and contentment = This escapade was in fact full of joy and excitement. Besides having breathtaking beaches and hills, the extreme activites have made the trip even more interesting. I had a chance of playing all sorts of high scale activities and sports. Beach volleyball and netball were among the craziest ones. The feeling of being away from Penang island was indeed different and amazing.
All I can say about this trip is unforgettable. Although certain things, for example unplanned activities, unprofessional tour guide, satisfactory buffet lunch and inadequate facilities, didn't up to my expectation, jerejak island should be massively developed into an isle of dream for tourists because of the untouched native forests and stunning beaches. Overall, I still enjoyed the vacation and appreciated the time I had with my pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment