Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Long rest

No interesting agenda these few days. Stay at home alone and take a long rest. At the same time, time spent to online is getting longer and longer. From internet, i get to know a lot of things that have caught everyone's attention, especially the Australian flood.

Deluge occurred in Australia has caused vast damage to the properties and public amenities around Queensland area. The loss suffered due to this natural disaster was among the worst in Australian history. No one would expect that this flood actually continued to hit other states. To me, I truly sympathised to the victims and prayed hard for swift recovery and rebuild. Some of my friends are the prospective and upcoming students in several Australian universities. Uni of Queensland is one of them. However, flood around the university has left devastated properties and broken houses. This subsequently created a dilemma for my friends either they want to stay at the uni or change to other unis. As a nz-bound scholar, I couldn't do anything but to support whatever decisions made by my friends. I do hope their accommodation impasse can be solved as soon as possible.
Recently, Kapersky Anti-Virus company is organising a competition where buyers can submit competition forms with slogans written on to win various prizes. To my shock, my family has become the second weekly prize winner for that competition and won some cash. This happened end of last year where my family and I bought the original software in pc expo. Besides having the software, the sales girl gave us a form to fill in, which includes a slogan part. I remembered my brother and I cracked our head so much just to search for suitable words to complete the slogan. At the end, the hard effort was paid off. The cash would be the rewards for my family.


Chinese New Year is fast approaching. To usher in the new year, chinese usually spare their time and money to purchase the CNY goods and decorations. When I arrived at nearest hypermarkets, the CNY atmosphere has no longer that exciting and glittering. People have become more health and money-conscious. Making wise purchase is what people looking for. After all, I still believe CNY this year would not be a dull one for me. With a long flight to NZ, I will sure cherish CNY. May prosperity and luck come upon everyone I met now and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment